Now Only $49.99
ABOUT THE NEW PRICE: You talked, we listened. To all our customers who paid the higher price, contact us and we'll see what we can do...you are our elite customers. We love our customers!
Examples: Tablas Up Tempo Percussion MIDI Out Complex Pattern Tonal Clapping More...
Our Esteemed Customers Say It Best:
Truly Different by Dpg499 ★★★★★
This app is great and truly unlike any drum program I've ever used. It can be a little tough to control because there's not one of those "kick on the 1, snare on the 2" sequencers that every other drum machine seems to have. But if you're looking for a drum that will surprise you and give you patterns that you might not have thought of, this is your baby. Worth every penny. I'll add that the customer service is great. I've had a few issues that were resolved very quickly. All told, one of the best apps I've ever bought.
"Hi. I just bought your app and I wanted to tell you that I love that thing. A new world for creativity. A new kind of app. Pro, that´s the word. Thanks a lot for your job, and happy new year."
"I just bought your iPad app, Different Drummer the other day (in spite of the price tag...you have some point in mentioning that VSTs usually are in a similar price range) and I must say I absolutely don't regret it!"
"I just wanted to add that this is the most inspiring drum creation app by far. I don't think I'll be able to go back to a normal drum machine after this. It is just so easy to come up with really interesting parts with rhythms that I haven't been able to achieve before, which makes me even more excited by the prospect of the Cyclophone app. If you put recording and audio copy into this it will certainly dominate the iOS drum market, but it will do that as it is, it's unique and basically just creates better results than anything else.
So thank you for giving me this experience :-)"
Nick TrassPro Bass Player, Australia
Different Drummer is a new kind of drum machine that uses the innate rhythmic power of waves to control all aspects of drumming using our patent pending Cyclophone Technology. Since waves are the primal source of all cyclical motion in the Universe, it makes sense to tap into them for musical purposes other than synthesizers. Not only can waves create sounds, they can play sounds too. We feel we have discovered the "Fountain of Drumming" and we are sharing our discovery with the world!
While this software is definitely fun to play with, real production is what it's for, saving wave patterns and combining them into sequences and recording tracks or as a live performance tool. It can also be used to inspire new ideas for drum patterns or rhythmic ideas for songs because as you will find out, the variety of rhythms is nearly endless. If you are serious about your drum tracks, Different Drummer is a must-have tool! Pros can use the direct MIDI out and MIDI sync features to use this for much more than drumming, for example, to play complex musical wave patterns. You can also play other synthesizers and drum machines on your iPad.
Different Drummer is Not a Synthesizer. People often mistake Different Drummer for a Drum Synthesizer because of the Wave Controls. Different Drummer has little to do with how drums sound and everything to do with how they are played. As the name implies, Different Drummer is like having a drummer that plays drums in a fresh new way. The drum samples provided come to life under the control of Different Drummer's unique algorithms. You can also import your own drum and non-drum samples for incredible results. This doesn't mean we won't build a drum synthesizer into future versions!
The main saved module of Different Drummer is the Wave Set which is a collection of up to 8 Drum Waves, each of those composed of five Control Waves:
- Note Wave: Allows you not just to have plain drums, but also drums that change pitch inside an assigned scale. You won't believe the difference "tonal" drumming makes to your productions. With Different Drummer you set the key and scale of your drums and can change it on the fly for enhanced impact. After using Different Drummer you'll discover that many drums are out of tune with the songs they are used in creating subtle harmonic dissonance. Different Drummer sampes have been tuned to a key pitch and can be transposed together or separately with ease and locking into one of over 70 musical scales.
- Rest Wave: Lets you create gaps in the drum pattern based on the interaction between a wave pattern and a line. The rest wave has a huge impact on the perceived rhythm since it determines where notes can play or not play.
- Tie Wave: Lets you create rhythmic variations that tie drum notes together or break them apart based on waves. Tie waves have an intense effect on rhythms and are reliant on the wave's assigned beat-value that determines how fast or slow untied notes play.
- Dynamic Wave: Lets you control the loudness or velocity of drum strikes creating a very human feel. Slower dynamic waves create crescendos while faster waves can create complex accents.
- Panning Wave: Lets you control the left-right position of drums dynamically.
Each of these component waves is composed of a Fundamental wave and 6 partials of that fundamental, making for an astronomical set of variables that allow you to dial in any rhythm imaginable and many more that are unimaginablethe whole point of Different Drummer. Nothing can replace a good live drummer, but Different Drummer will definitely inspire drummers to try new things and may even intimidate a few of them because it's hard to compete with the pefection of waves and mathematics.
1900's = Patterns and Loops
2000's = Patterns and Loops
Future = Drum Waves
Different Drummer functionality is conveniently packed in to an easy-to-use interface broken into three main sections:
- The Scrolling Visualizer at top shows drum notes as they are played so you can get an idea of which voices are doing what in real-time. Vertical lines depict measures. Above this area are a few controls for: Master Tempo, to Capture the current Wave settings if you like them and the all-important Play-Pause button.
- The Touch-enabled Wave Display is an important section where the currently active editing effects are shown. Pinch the wave to change frequency or slide it to change position or phase. Zoom in or out on a wave using the + and buttons to see how it looks over 1 measure or up to 16 measures. Above the Wave Display is the Wave Selector which allows you to select, solo and mute waves. The White selector is used for any actions or adjustments you want to perform on all the waves at once.
- The Control Area at the bottom of the screen is where most of the action takes place. This is where you construct and explore wave patterns and save them as well as make sequences or set up automation. You can also export wave sets as MIDI files to be used in other applications via the iTunes Documents Panel or email.
On the right side of the Controls is the Control Switcher that is used to move between different control panels and to select drums or scales from a list.
Wave Control sliders let you dial in an endless variety of note, rest, tie, panning and dynamic settings that work together to create distinctive drum patterns never before possible. We provide convenient randomizers to help you explore the vast array of possibilities which you can then tune to your liking and save or record.
Things you can do here include:
- Wave Controls: To Adjust all wave parameters
- Automation Controls: To create automated morphing sequences based on randomization
- Mixer: To add effects and alter the volume of the drum tracks
- Wave Manager: To save, rename, delete and export wave sets
- Sequences: To string together wave sets to create compositions for live playback or recording
- Setup: To control MIDI and Audio outputs
- 8 Drum Tracks with 4-wave Cyclophone Controls
- 16-bit Stereo Recording
- AudioBus compatible
- Background Mode allows you to play on top in other apps
- Export audio via: AudioCopy, Dropbox or iTunes
- Import Custom CAF and WAV Samples via iTunes or AudioPaste
- Control drum pitches, rests, ties, panning and dynamics
- Instant Capture in case you hear a killer beat you want saved
- Save Wave Sets to Wave Library
- String Wave Sets together in saved Sequences
- Export Wave Sets and Sequences as MIDI Files
- Over 85 stereo drum sounds provided
- Over 70 musical scales to assign drums to in any key
- Reverb effect and mixer
- Set the Key, Time Signature and Tempo (includes Tap)
- Automation for randomizing and morphing playback
- MIDI Sync Out
- Up to 8 Channels of MIDI Out
- Core MIDI lets you play other synthesizers and drum machines on your iPad such as Animoog and NLog Pro
- Supports Sonoma Wire Works AudioCopy and AudioPaste as well as General Pasteboard for ultimate inter-app sharing
- Quickly create credible, copyright-free drum parts and share them between projects, 1 track or 8 tracks at a time
- Create next-level drum parts perfectly tuned to your songs and hear the difference.
- Idea generator/scratchpad obliterates writer's block
- Create rich backing tracks for layered electronic music
- Live performance
- DJ mixing
- Dubstep and Hip Hop
- As a MIDI controller for either drums or music
- Stay ahead of deadline production schedules
- Commercials and promo materials
- Experimental music
- A new kind of arpeggiator
- Agorithmic Raves
- Entertainment/relaxation, set it on automate and sit back
Coming Soon! Cyclophone for generating amazing new music and bass lines.
This is just the beginning.